Sauter Carbon Offset Design presents the Champion of Green Power, the Ark Angel LSV (Life Support Vessel).
The 78 meter Ark Angel LSV harnesses energy from 4 renewable sources; MDR, Solar Cells, Winds and Currents, which combined with Plug-in power sources charge a Lithium ion storage system that runs all of her 5 star Hotel services day and night. This same 3,000 kwh Lithium UPS allows the Ark Angel LSV to achieve her maximum speed, or to navigate harbors and inland waterways with Zero emissions.
The Ark Angel features the only compound engines other than the Curtiss Wright Cyclone to ever go into production, the Daimler Bluetec Turbo Compound DD 16. Employing the Daimler EPA “on road” turbo compound engines, the solar hybrid Ark Angel LSV delivers the cleanest marine propulsion system in the world. At 28 knots fuel consumption and CO2 emissions are reduced by 50%. At 18 knots by up to 75% and at 14 knots by up to 85%.
“I consider the Ark Angel the Champion of Green Power, not because she can do 28 knots and cruise for up to 5,000 nautical miles Carbon Neutral, but because in leading the campaign for responsible yachting, she is challenging all comers”, commented Richard Sauter, head of design.
The currently available Emax technology present in the Solar Hybrid Ark Angel LSV:
- SUNPOWER Exoskeleton solar cell deployment rated at 100 kw
- MDR (Motion Damping Regeneration) rated at up to 100 kw
- Auxiliary SkySail rated at 3 to 400 kw with power sailing regeneration
- Plug-in Lithium UPS rated at 3,000 Kwh
- Daimler Turbo Compound DD16 diesel electric power generation rated at
- Azimuth wing pod counter rotating CLT high torque electric propulsion
- Advanced wave piercing Hi-speed displacement hull design
- Advanced aerodynamic PV deck spoilers and radar tower canopies
- Energy efficient equipment, AC & refrigeration with waste heat recovery
- Computerized energy management, maintenance & guidance.
Specifications of the Ark Angel LSV:
Length overall: 78 m
Beam: 10.0 m
Draft: 2.4 m (50% load)
Hull & decks: Carbon/Kevlar Composite
Displacement: 450 t
Engines: 4 x 400 kw Daimler Turbo Compound DD16 D/E power generation
Power: 4,000 kw divided into 3 electric CRP drives
Fuel Capacity: 30,000 l
Fresh water: 20,000 l
Carbon Neutral cruising range at 14 knots: 5,000 nm
Zero Carbon cruising range at an average of 10 knots: unlimited
Berths: 18 Guest/16 Crew
* * *
Sauter Carbon Offset Design