Sauter Carbon Offset Design introduces Formula Zero, the solar hybrid superyacht that is faster, more spacious, more ergonomic and far greener than any power sailing superyacht to date.
The 43 meter solar hybrid superyacht provides luxurious independence, stylish comfort and superior sea keeping performance while reducing GHG Emissions by 75 to 100%.
Studies made by leading shipbuilder reveal that the reduction can be achieved by employing:
- Hydro and aerodynamic advances in catamaran hi-speed hull design.
- Azimuth diesel electric quadruple counter rotating propeller systems.
- Power sailing regeneration.
- State of the art fully rotational Wingsails.
- Maximum solar cell deployment. (Formula Zero 400 square meters)
- Energy efficient equipment. (AC & refrigeration waste heat recovery).
- Energy management & maintenance (computer guidance & control)
- Lithium UPS (virtually unlimited zero carbon range at an average speed
“To evaluate Formula Zero as a Carbon Offset Project, we compare a 43 meter catamaran to a 54 meter monohull which is similar in terms of performance, space and accommodations. While both vessels are evenly matched, when cruising for 24 hours, Formula Zero consumes 4,000 liers less fuel, which amounts to a 10 ton per day reduction in CO2 emissions. 10 tons is the amount of CO2 that the average European emits in one year” – explained Richard Sauter.
The catamaran configuration of the boat supports 800+square meters of light concentrating Wingsails that raise the efficiency of the largest Solar Cell Array ever deployed on a luxury superyacht of her stature.
Specification of the Formula Zero:
Sail area: 800+sq.m
Max speed: 18+ kts
CO2 per day: <4tons
CO2 reduction: <12tons per day
* * *
Sauter Carbon Offset Design Introduces